Chief Medical Officers
The Members formally convene two times per year, spring and fall, for a two-day interactive session. Participants identify the issues they want to explore and the experts they want to hear from. A typical two-day Roundtable seminar will feature 3-5 speakers (outside speakers and/or Members themselves) making presentations on recent trends and innovative projects.
Issues may include topics such as:
- MACRA – how are you educating yourself and your physicians?
- Participating in a system-wide peer review? If so, any suggestions or lessons learned as we start our first system-wide effort?
- Success in implementing an Aging Practitioner Health Policy?
- A systematic solution to optimize the timing of the implementation of alternative payment models?
- EPIC – specifically physician issues and engagement? Issues include mandatory blackout dates for vacation and SME burnout.
- Trauma program? Verification for level 2 center? Is there anything to worry about?
- Behavioral alignment/engagement? How to be better related to our CIN?
- Participation in GME teaching? Addressing doctor who do not want to participate?
- Telehealth? Experience and use cases?
The participants also enjoy the cross-pollination of ideas during Open Discussion sessions. Members are encouraged to present the issues/problems they are currently facing so that fellow Members can advise one another as peer consultants. During these interactive discussions, Members share new innovations and projects-in-process using a "grand rounds" format.
All Roundtable Meetings are skillfully facilitated to avoid wandering discussions and to promote productive dialogue and the efficient use of time spent "around the table." The "think tank" approach of the Roundtable provides a very high quality educational experience one cannot easily find elsewhere.
The Roundtable Dues, Attendance and Guest Policy
Tuitions at these meetings are covered by yearly membership dues. Meeting attendance must be a high priority. A Member is strongly encouraged to send an appropriate substitute in the event he or she is unable to attend a scheduled Roundtable Meeting.
A Member may bring one guest to any Meeting, particularly an individual who is considering membership. Guest registrations are made in advance (at no additional charge)--limited to four total per Roundtable Meeting.
In order to cover the costs of the semi-annual meetings, including speaker fees, appropriate research, and operating expenses, Members pay $3,295 for two consecutive meetings.
Upcoming Events for Chief Medical Officers
THR for Chief Medical Officers