The Members formally convene
two times per year, spring and fall, for a two-day interactive session.
Participants identify the issues they want to explore and the experts
they want to hear from. A typical two-day Roundtable seminar will
feature 3-5 speakers (outside speakers and/or Members themselves)
making presentations on recent trends and innovative projects.
Issues may include topics such as:
• Implementation of Section 1557 of Affordable Care Act prohibiting discrimination? – Experience ensuring compliance to this non-discrimination provision?
• EPIC – experiences and things to watch out for?
• How are other members and their organizations preparing for MACRA and any specific audit and compliance initiatives that are planned?
• Provider based departments, BBA enactment, and OPPS proposed rules? Grandfathered sites and movement departments?
• Managed Care Administrative Requirements (first tiered and downstream entity) – management of the process?
• Experience getting value out of 340b independent audits? What are the deliverables you require? Who are the vendors?
• New Emergency Preparedness Requirements, especially for outside of the hospital?
• Does anyone have OIG exclusion check dates built into their physician master file?
• How does the roundtable group view compliance officer liability under the tone of “new” enforcement?
• Is organizational ethics a compliance function? – If so, how have organizations transitioned the CCO role?
The participants also
enjoy the cross-pollination of ideas during "Hot Topic" sessions.
Members are encouraged to present the issues/problems they are facing
so that fellow Members can advise one another as peer consultants.
During these interactive discussions, Members share new innovations and
projects-in-process using a "grand rounds" format.
Roundtable Meetings are skillfully facilitated to avoid wandering
discussions and to promote productive dialogue and the efficient use of
time spent "around the table." The "think tank" approach of the
Roundtable provides a very high quality educational experience one
cannot easily find elsewhere.
The Roundtable Dues, Attendance and Guest Policy
at these meetings are covered by yearly membership dues. Meeting
attendance must be a high priority. A Member is strongly encouraged to
send an appropriate substitute in the event he or she is unable to
attend a scheduled Roundtable Meeting.
A Member may bring one guest to
any Meeting, particularly an individual who is considering membership.
Guest registrations are made in advance (at no additional
charge)--limited to four total per Roundtable Meeting.
order to cover the costs of the semi-annual meetings, including speaker
fees, appropriate research, and operating expenses, Members pay $2,995
for two consecutive meetings
|Scheduled Meetings of The Healthcare Roundtable for Chief Compliance Officers|
|April 6--7, 2017|
The Windsor Court Hotel
New Orleans, LA
October 19--20, 2017
Omni Scottsdale Resort at Montelucia